Wednesday, July 13, 2011

In and around Ikebukuro

So the part of Tokyo where I'm staying is called Ikebukuro (池袋).  I may have mentioned this before, but I'm too lazy to go check previous blog posts to see if I have.  Anyway, I was walking around Ikebukuro and took a few pictures.  Enjoy!



So this is one of the shops near the supermarket.  I can't say I know why it's called "Small Shop" - from outside, nothing seemed particularly small about it...


This is one of the parks near the dorm.  It was kind of interesting to note that kids in Japan play on essentially identical playgrounds to those in Canada.

So, something I should mention: people in Japan - or at least in Tokyo - don't usually have clothes dryers: they just dry everything outside.  Like this...


Or this...


 

I also found this car dealership as I was walking around.  Blogger isn't the best at accurately displaying photographs in-post, but if you click on the picture, you should be able to notice the name of the dealership, above Tokyo Toyota.  I thought it was cute.


And then there's... This picture.  I have no clue why I took it, or what it's really of.  This is just the view from one of the street corners near the dorm.  Also, my phone's camera is really bad with lighting changes, so no, the sky didn't actually look like that.  Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here, if you have that much time.

You can use HTML tags like bold, italics and links if you get really bored.